Monday 2 May 2011

Go on, go on...

The sea was rough, and the tide was high,
the shore seemed far, the end seemed nigh,

The boat of hope was all but sunk,
a gasping life, on the sea, was flung.

A raging storm was here to stay,
it roared and lit, a canvas grey

Despair, doom and mercy none,
the tide had turned, with nowhere to run.

I looked up at the skies, in search of him,
all hope was lost, my heart was grim.

I heard a voice, calling out to me,
"Go on...go on..., stand-up to the sea".

"No battle is bigger, than the grit of thee,
Go on...go on..., stand-up to the sea".

"Smile back at the storm, stand up on your feet
Stare into its eyes and watch it retreat".

"You have all it takes, to swim through the night,
till the sea is calm and you have trumped its might".

I paddled through the monstrous sea,
and the fear and fright, that it once brought to me.

With the wind in my back and the shore in my sight,
I was swimming through the darkness and towards the light.

When my wrinkled hands, touched the sandy shore,
I let out a scream, unable to hold it no more.

As I lay in the sand, with my arms spread wide,
my body trembling, tears rolling down the side.

I heard a voice calling out to me,
"No battle is bigger, than the grit of thee"

Nadeem....

3 comments: